Thursday, May 31, 2012

What a strange day!  I received my last pay check from MiraCosta in the morning, and my first retirement check in the afternoon.  I know I'm ready to retire, but knowing that was my last check from the college was sobering.  Well..sobering for about 20 minutes.  Then I spent the rest of the day resolving a computer issue for MiVida, closing out my online class, and packing for Hawaii - now how hard can this retirement be!  I'm so excited to see how my priorities change and what is in store for me, and so grateful I get the opportunity to do it when the time was right for me.  Aloha...

This picture was taken at my last MiraCosta graduation ceremony, walking in with other faculty.  Among the pins on my gown, at the very top, you can see the pin my mother wore as Valedictorian of her high school class.  I'm so proud to wear her pin, follow in her teaching footsteps and be her daughter.  Can't you tell?

Aloha...no posts until I return from Hawaii!

1 comment:

  1. 20 minutes of sobering is all one needs at any one time! I love that you wore your mom's pin. SO meaningful--must have made the experience even more emotional.

    ReplyDelete